Friday, April 20, 2012

SBSR: Wett Nurse “Old Demo Recordings”

            Recently, I’ve been downloading and listening to music like crazy from Band Camp.   This is a review of a group of songs by the same band I got from Band Camp- usually it constitutes an EP.   This is a song-by-song review and it is never to exceed six songs.   At the end, I will tell you the “Recommended Downloading Level”, which means whether or not I think you should spend your time downloading these songs.   It’s on a scale from 1 to 5, 5 meaning that you should stop reading my review and download these songs immediately and 1 meaning that if you even think about downloading these songs your computer will be infected with a horrific bad music virus.   Enjoy.
Wett Nurse “Old Demo Recordings”
01: “Bring Me Your Satans” [2:32]  --  You can tell to an extent that this is a demo, but it does still have an overall crisp quality to it.   It reminds me a bit of Tora Tora Torrance or maybe some sort of Britpunk that is a little slowed down.   I can’t really distinguish between verses and chorus, but it goes pretty well. It’s not too bad of a song even if it supposedly unpolished.
02: “Imperial Reaction” [2:08] – The second longest song on here keeps the same vibe as on the first, only it has a hint of Black Sabbath to it that I find to be quite cool.    It definitely does not sound like a demo, but rather a mastered track.
03: “Intermission” [1:51] – This song has no words and just has a “boo ba / ba ba boo ba” guitar riff going over and over with a bass drum and snare.  It’s kind of fun, but there isn’t much to it.   I’d use it as opening for a full length or maybe in the middle of a fifteen song full length.
04: “Wett Dreams” [1:02] – I really like this, despite it being so short and not having any vocals.   It has a nice pace and beat to it, but also the distorted guitar riff would make for an excellent full song if they just doubled it up and added some of the previously heard vocals.  
                Clocking in at just less than eight minutes, I wouldn’t say you should buy these songs, but luckily they are available for free on Band Camp.   I would definitely like to see Wett Nurse tear up a stage and, yeah, I’d probably listen to a full length by them.
Recommended Downloading Level:  3.5/5

1 comment: