Thursday, May 14, 2015

MP3 Review: mile me deaf "Eerie Bits of Future Trips"


[€8 to Download // Also Available as a CD and LP // https://milemedeaf.bandcamp.com/album/eerie-bits-of-future-trips]

I already have two reviews posted for mile me deaf, but I'm not really pleased with either of them after listening to "Eerie Bits of Future Trips".    The songs on here are a fuzzy, clanky rock that can get closer to pop when it's clean.    In the general sense of things I'd compare this with some form of Weezer album, but that doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of how this sounds.   Are we at a point yet when we can just say that mile me deaf have their own sound?   Because I feel like we should be.

As xylophone trill ends the song "Trips" there is an audio clip within "Zodiacs" that is about your new stereo and how to operate it.   One line that is repeated is "They're not functional while listening to tapes".    I do admit that I am a bit happy to hear a line repeated about the cassette but even if this wasn't part of this album it still is just so wonderful on the whole.  If you are not listening to mile me deaf yet then perhaps it is time to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment