Wednesday, March 19, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: S/A/I/L/O/R G I R L “[bitter]” (Cool Japan)



                This is self described as being vaporwave, and I’m still not sure based on listening to this what that means exactly.    It’s somewhere between J-Pop and seapunk, so perhaps that is what vaporwave is but I’m not entirely sure still.

            There are some lyrics like hip hop flowing in here, as well as a lot of beats and it can even border on 8bit.   After the sound of a phone ringing, there is a series of beeps like keys on repeat.  In certain ways, this reminds me of the soundtrack to an X-Files video game and I am quite okay with that.


            Thus far, this is Cool Japan’s only release for 2014, but as the label releases more music and even this band specifically, I’m looking forward to it and will definitely be listening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment