Tuesday, March 25, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: Astronautica “Waikiki” (Alpha Pup)



            “Waikiki” are four new songs from Astronautica and they are right up to par with everything that Astronautica has accomplished up until this point.   Through the middle of this, there are some points which remind me of that R&B mixed with hip hop and the fact that I grew up listening to such things on cassette (Bell Biv Devoe) just tickles me in a way I like to be tickled. 

            Granted, the two middle songs which have the vocals on them have “Featuring” tags, so that’s a nice achievement by Astronautica, who has always been primarily known as instrumental.


            When someone asks me what the word “seapunk” means, I instantly think of two different names:  Ultrademon and Astronautica.   Let the records in history show that Astronautica is one of the most important artists in the course of seapunk.   While at the same time, my speakers will reflect that Astronautica is one of the most important artists right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment