Wednesday, February 5, 2014

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Supreme Cuts "Divine Ecstasy" (Dovecote Records)

             I recognize the name Supreme Cuts because there was a collaboration with Haleek Maul at one point, and this was back last year when whoever does press for Haleek Maul was sending me press releases.   Now, for reasons known only to them, I no longer get those press releases but it’s not like I really care because impressing press people is a job for a paper journalist and not me.

            While Supreme Cuts and Haleek Maul share a track on this album, there are also a number of other guest appearances.   The music isn’t quite seapunk, but it’s somewhere in between that and hip hop with a little bit of soulfunk.   It kind of reminds me of the song “Changes” by 2Pac. 


            These are really good beats overall and just to further prove how much I like this I would love to own it on cassette.  Somebody please make that happen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment