Thursday, February 13, 2014

SPOTIFY REVIEW: The Pack A.D. "Do Not Engage" (Nettwerk)


            I wasn’t sure what this was going to sound like, but I remembered the album cover only after listening to it.  When I put it on I feel like I was expecting some sort of alternative indie rock that sounded awful, and when I was rocking out to it I realized this was the album cover with the album name on the t-shirt.

            This is distorted female rock that isn’t quite as synth-pop as Sleigh Bells and isn’t quite as pop rock as The Naked and Famous, but it’s somewhere in between those two and I find it to be a nice medium.


            The songs are anywhere from fuzzy Weezer sounding jams to Sonic Youth and there isn’t a bad one amongst them.   If nothing else, this is some dance pop rock that is guaranteed to bring you a good time, yes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment