Wednesday, February 5, 2014

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Cherry Glazerr "Haxel Princess" (Burger Records)


            The Cherry Glazerr album that came before this one is always on Band Camp under the most popular results for dream pop.  Having never listened to them, this simple fact made me feel like I did already know them on some level though, if only because of their name and popularity.

            These songs are between garage punk and modern rock (aka alternative rock).  They can channel everything from The Breeders to Speedy Ortiz.   It’s quite good and with there being an entire song about grilled cheese I did question some of the lyrical content.


            But then they have a song where “you were my best fucking friend” is repeated and that seems to be about a dog, so game/set/match for this one.  Anyone willing to dedicate a song to their dog is tops in my book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment