Monday, February 3, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: Human Colonies “Demo EP”

http://humancolonies.bandcamp.com/

               Seriously, I’m going to change my name to Four Songs and for any further reviews you’re going to have to visit me at foursongs.blogspot.com.   I just hope it’s not already taken.  (I’m not really going to try to get it, so watch some joker take it and think they’re pulling one over on me… or at least getting a free shout out)

                Human Colonies has two distinctive sounds to their music, both of which I like.  The first is that sort of shoegaze sound that goes toward the fuzz side and makes me think Replacements.   It’s like something off of the Can’t Hardly Wait soundtrack and I’m totally digging it.  (This also brings out some of the New Order, which is another interlaced story)

                At the same time, between the third and fourth song I can hear traces of songs like “Background” and “God of Wine” by Third Eye Blind.   The fact that they have these traces of 3EB built in makes me happy because I do enjoy the songs that they seem to take from ever so much and, well,  I wish more bands mixed it up in little ways like this.

                To say that Human Colonies is a great band that has one of those –gaze genres covered would be an understatement.  They seem to be so intricate and deliberate in their influences and musical style that it makes me wish all bands could be so honest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment