Monday, February 3, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: anodes / Enta Split 10”


                This is a nice split between two similar yet different bands.   Anodes is a screamy sort of hardcore band that reminds me of mewithoutYou to some extent.   They have fairly long songs with different movements and it’s all around just a good time.

                On the flip side are two songs from Enta who are somewhere between old Saves the Day and Old Gray.   So it’s a nice companion piece to anodes without sounding exactly like them as sometimes bands with splits tend to sound too much alike.

                This is a total of four songs and is a 10” record.  I’m on the fence still as to whether or not I want to buy it as an actual record.  On one hand, I really do enjoy the music, but on the other hand I’m not what one would call a record collector (I get my records few and far between: I think I got maybe, what, two last year?)  [Editor's Note: It might have been three]

                Still, the way records are priced these days and being in support of the indie music scene blah blah blah, I’ll probably just end up giving them the ten dollars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment