Monday, January 6, 2014

BOOKSTORE REVIEW: Grey Matter / Troubadour Books (Hadley, MA)

                Back when I was re-visiting Connecticut, my dad always used to take us up to book stores in Massachusetts, one of them being Troubadour and the other being Grey Matter Books.  At some point during my returns to CT, the two stores merged into one.

                In the year or so since I’ve been back in CT, I’ve been to the Troubadour/Grey Matter book store a total of twice, both times with my son, who was under two years old both times but still able to walk for both of them.

                It doesn’t take a lot to make me happy in a book store, but I have been in ones I didn’t like before.  This one looks more like a library, in the sense that it has an enormous amount of books.  I could spend all day lost in here, searching through stacks to find exactly what I want.

                Luckily, the staff there is very knowledgeable not only in regards to their stock but to books in general.   This makes it a lot easier to try to be steered in the right direction even if you don’t know what it is that you’re looking for exactly. 

                If I ever feel overwhelmed by the amount of books there, I like to go off and flip through the records or other odds and ends also available.  Why, just my last trip there I got a set of trading cards based on The Beats.  (Paid $3 / Retail $10.95)






                Though it might be a little bit harder to find, even with directions, the Troubadour / Grey Matter book store is amongst my favorites and it is also very kid friendly.  It’s one of the best places to go to get the most books for the least amount of money.

The Details:
47 East Street // Hadley, MA 01035
413-387-0160
greymatterbooks@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment