Monday, September 23, 2013

SPOTIFY REVIEW: STRFKR “Miracle Mile”

             When I checked to see if I had reviewed STRFKR before (because I felt like I had), I found a review for their self-titled album (Which is under “Starfucker” as opposed to the six letter version of the band name I will use from here on out) that was, well, rather short.
            I described the band as being “awesome sauce” and not much else.  It doesn’t really give you a lot to go on aside from thinking that it will be good.  So when people criticize me and my efforts in writing short reviews, I get it; I really do.

            But at the same time, that review did help me to remember that I like STRFKR as a band.  It gave me positive vibes going into this newest album of theirs.  I can now tell you that I like this because it has that roller disco dance rock sound to it that otherwise fail to describe.

            And what’s more so is that even if I don’t decide to go and review the self-titled album again, to elaborate more on it, I will at least revisit the albums that came in between that one and this one (of which are two, not counting the demos and such).  


            So one day a band gets a review that is a mere few words.  But one day, they may also get a number of more reviews and with even more words.  All we need is just a little patience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment