Saturday, September 21, 2013

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Bibio “Silver Wilkinson”

                Last year when I was reviewing music using Spotify, I didn’t have the internet at home.   Just let that sink in for a little bit, shall we?   Now, not only do I have the option to listen to music via Spotify from the comfort of my own home, I can also write the review in due time and post it as such.

                Being an organized person of lists and the such, after looking over the internet for new releases that might interest me I then separate them into three categories.  (Yes, some releases I do see go up on sites and just don’t even bother listening to them, but that’s another story)  When I first listen to something, it will either end up into the “I don’t want to listen to this anymore/make it stop/no way I’m reviewing this/why is Spotify frozen but the song is still playing/screw it I’m unplugging the computer/manual shutdown” pile (Which consists of deleting the band name and album title, if I have them written down) or they will end up going in my list to review.

                Some odd months ago, Bibio ended up in my “to review” list, which meant that after listening to him a few times over I must have found something in these songs that made me want to write up a review for them.

                However, when I most recently listened to these songs I had to ask myself what I was thinking back then.   This month, these songs sound to me like something that wouldn’t have made the second round cut, much less lasted this long.


                So Bibio combines the electric with the acoustic in a way that goes from IWTs to EFS and though it can touch on slowed down video game music at times, it’s hardly 8-bit.   Mostly it’s electronic programs with acoustic guitar meshed in.   Give it a try because if I listen to it again I might be back on the wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment