Sunday, June 2, 2013

MP3 REVIEW: Heat Waves s/t EP

Heat Waves s/t EP
Name Your Price Download

            When I review music these days, a lot of it tends to be a throwback to the rock n roll of the 1960’s.  In the past tense, that would be something like Buddy Holly and in the present tense it’d be something like Hunx and His Punx.   I keep telling myself I need to listen to more ‘60’s based rock n roll, but I just never seem to find the time.

            Then I listen to a band like Heat Waves crank out their self-titled EP and I really do wish I had more of a knowledge of that genre of music so I wasn’t restricted in saying that they sound like that band that sings “Teen Angel” or “Teenager in Love”.   They’re broad generalizations, but I just don’t know as much as I would like to know about the 1960’s.  If anyone wants to educate me or show me some places to start, by all means, you have my email address.  Otherwise, I’ll be doing a straight up google search eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment