Sunday, June 2, 2013

MP3 REVIEW: Ghost Noise "Teen Veins" [single]

Ghost Noise "Teen Veins" [single]
Name Your Price Download

            I’ve often felt the need (don’t ask me why) to create a very upbeat, pop sounding band but have all of the lyrics be really, really depressing.   Imagine if the Backstreet Boys were singing about, you know, sad shit.

            In any event, this song does have a bit of an upbeat quality to it in a shoegaze way (Think The Consolation Project)  They combine female and male vocals, which sometimes have their own sense of direction but will cross paths.  

            The lyrics are about suicide though.  The chorus line of “I can’t drain these teen veins” is either about a failed suicide attempt or vampires and, well, I mean, what’s the difference really?

            Yes, I like this song.  Give Ghost Noise a couple of bucks and play this one all summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment