Friday, May 31, 2013

MP3 REVIEW: Long Weekends “Tell It to My Heart”

Long WeekendsTell It to My Heart

                The first song on this EP, “The Best You Ever Had”, is a somewhat catchy song that I could see many people singing along with at the show.    From there, the songs aren’t quite as catchy but still maintain the same level of quality where I do believe this to be one of those bands you need to watch.

                At their core, Long Weekends come off as a garage band.   Even their Band Camp tag includes garage, but it also includes pop punk.   And what happens when you combine garage with pop punk?  Anyone?  No?  Okay.   You get something that sounds a little bit like Superdrag.

                At times, the garage can come on pretty heavy and it is then that Long Weekends doesn’t sound so much like Superdrag.   But for a big part of these songs, they do remind me of Superdrag which is in no way a bad thing.

                Also, I can hear some Elvis Costello in here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment