Monday, April 1, 2013

CD REVIEW: Capital Cities s/t EP

Capital Cities s/t EP
                In a lot of ways I really dislike this EP.   But then again, in many ways it is also my guilty pleasure.

                Bouncing between that annoying electronic sound of a band such as, say, Aqua and then going into something more radio friendly like Neon Trees mixed with Blue October, this is what I’ve been listening to lately.   I’ll tell you honestly- and I’m always honest any way- but I put this album on once and my year old son started dancing to the songs.   I then had the following exchange with my wife about the first track:

Me: Guess what this song is called.
Her: What?
Me: “Safe and Sound”
Her: Really?
Me; Yeah, they’ve only said it about a million times.

                I then went on to tell my wife that this was something I should immediately hate and thus it was doomed to a bad review (Sorry Night Club), but when she heard me say that she was upset because of how much our son enjoyed it—she really felt I should take that into consideration in my review.    So thanks to my wife and son, this kind of got a second chance and it isn’t as bad as I had originally thought.

                Now, I do admittedly listen to Hot Chelle Rae, so take that for what it’s worth.    But I don’t care what anyone says, “I Sold My Bed, But Not My Stereo” is an awesome song.

No comments:

Post a Comment