Tuesday, March 12, 2013

SBSR: Luxa “Upon Return”

Luxa Upon Return
<1> “Monkai’s Revenge” – This is starting with a pretty funky synth bass sound.   Then it comes in all ambient and what not.  And now Quentin is pulling out my right ear bud.   This song definitely has a nice beat and FNL part to it as well.   Bom bom bom… bom bom.  
<2> “On Your Love” – This song transitions flawlessly and comes on with a nice drum beat and cymbals, then we get some synth which is awesome.  Oh and here come some female vocals.  This just went from a somewhat slow ambient instrumental sound to a faster paced new electronica female fronted sound, which is just so rad.   And now it’s getting kind of distorted, which I really like.  The title of this track is just really being belted out.  Just after the 2:45 mark we get some great distortion I want to turn up louder.  
<3> “Air Pressure” – Godmoney won’t do anything for you… Oh, wait, wrong intro.  Now we’re bringing in some PUSA style guitar notes. 
<4> “A Warning I Recall” – Now we’re into some feedback and a drum beat.  Is this feedback technically what they call reverb?  I don’t think so.  I need to start playing guitar again so I can remember all of these things.   [Obligatory Cranberries/vocals comparison goes here] I do like the way the vocal loops mix in this song. 
<5> “Constance” – Woosh woosh woosh woosh.   This is coming in like waves, baby.  We’re four minutes into this song and I think it’s just going to stay all ambient and ocean-like, which is fine by me.
<6> “Dreamland Beach” – We begin this with a funky record-scratching beat.  It’s continuing that pattern at a minute and a half, so I don’t think it’s going to change out of this loop to end the album.   We’re slowing down a little after the 2 minute mark.   And now near 2:40 we’re back in.   This is just a good head-bobbing song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment