Thursday, January 10, 2013

SBSR: Bike Thief “Ghost of Providence”

Bike ThiefGhost of Providence
<1> “Battles” - We begin with a sigh and then a progression of acoustic guitar notes and some “ooooohs”.   This could kick in to “Start wearing purple, wearing purple for me now” and I wouldn’t be surprised.  No, it kicks into more of a Pink Floyd type of electric rock.   And here come the vocals straight out of Led Zeppelin.    I downloaded these songs because of the band name (I really like bicycles) but so far this really sounds like “IV” era Led Zeppelin, like almost to a copyright infringement point.   Maybe the sigh at the beginning was because they knew they were about to do something that has been done way too many times before.  If this doesn’t change by the second song, consider this SBSR abruptly over. 
<2> “Ghost of Providence pt. 1” - This song starts in a slightly less Zeppelin way.   The vocals lean toward a very distinct, older rock style.   It’s close to Rod Stewart but not all the way there.   It almost has some Queen in it as well.   If this isn’t an oldies cover band (and I mean maybe 60s/70s) I don’t know what to make of it anymore.
<3> “Falling Dreams (Intro)” – This is barely a minute but has some nice strings, which lead into…
<4> “Look Up” – And the Led Zeppelin sound is back so I’m checking out.   I’m bored with this and pretty much haven’t found anything new or different about it, so I officially declare NEXT!

No comments:

Post a Comment