Saturday, November 24, 2012

MP3 REVIEW: Wintersleep “The Fall Tour Mix”

WintersleepThe Fall Tour Mix
                Isn’t it odd how time changes things?  I imagine a simpler time- without the internet or at least the version of the internet we have now- and I could have found out about a band like Wintersleep by seeing them opening a show for Counting Crows.   I have no idea whether or not Wintersleep has ever opened a show for Counting Crows or what the likelihood of that ever happening would be if it hasn’t, but it’s just the idea that you get to sort of help you understand how this band does sound.
                These are five songs, however, that I downloaded from Noise Trade for free and I think they’re quite good.   They remind me of They Might Be Giants at times, though overall they have the poforo sound that I’ve come to enjoy lately.   You could also somewhat easily throw out references to modern bands such as Death Cab for Cutie, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros and others along those lines. 
                The music also tends to be fairly drum heavy, which I do like a lot, and the lyrics are also a very valuable part of it which also makes this worthwhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment