Saturday, July 21, 2012

CD REVIEW: Soul Asylum “Delayed Reaction”

Soul AsylumDelayed Reaction
                When I first heard Soul Asylum back in the ‘90’s, I instantly became a fan.   The band has always held a special place in my heart because they shot their music video for the song “Misery” at Toad’s Place in New Haven, CT, a show I attended more for the music than for the music video factor.  
                In any event, Soul Asylum have put out their I-don’t-know-how-many-th album and I must admit that it is quite good.   If you listened to and liked Soul Asylum in the era of “Grave Dancer’s Union” and “Let Your Dim Light Shine” (Arguably their two most popular albums), then this will fit right in there with your collection and appreciation of their music.    I also like that there is piano on one of these songs.
                If Soul Asylum was to go on tour, yes, I’d certainly go see them and this album is just proof that a good band from my youth can still exist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment