Friday, May 4, 2012

SBSR: And the Giraffe “Something for Someone”

Recently, I’ve been downloading and listening to music like crazy from Band Camp.   This is a review of a group of songs by the same band I got from Band Camp- usually it constitutes an EP.   This is a song-by-song review and it is never to exceed six songs.   At the end, I will tell you the “Recommended Downloading Level”, which means whether or not I think you should spend your time downloading these songs.   It’s on a scale from 1 to 5, 5 meaning that you should stop reading my review and download these songs immediately and 1 meaning that if you even think about downloading these songs your computer will be infected with a horrific bad music virus.   Enjoy.
And the Giraffe “Something for Someone”
<1> “Underground Love” [4:23] – This song kicks off rather slow, very mellow and low key.   The vocals remind me of Jack Johnson and the music is so faint it’s almost nonexistent. 
<2> “1055” [4:02] – Another song along the same lines as the first.  If I don’t bail out early on this review, I’m going to fall asleep.
<3> “Welshrats” [3:07] –
<4> “Magic 8” [2:46] –
<5> “Masquerade” [3:32] –
<6> “Still” [5:07] –
                If I worked in a daycare, I could put this music on for naptime.   However, as an adult who is constantly on the move, trying to do a hundred things at once (And when I do take my peaceful moments, they are in silence), this is just not for me.  It’s good for what it is, but just not my cup of tea.
Recommended Downloading Level:  2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment