Friday, May 4, 2012

SBSR: Along Came December. “Is It Art Yet?”

Recently, I’ve been downloading and listening to music like crazy from Band Camp.   This is a review of a group of songs by the same band I got from Band Camp- usually it constitutes an EP.   This is a song-by-song review and it is never to exceed six songs.   At the end, I will tell you the “Recommended Downloading Level”, which means whether or not I think you should spend your time downloading these songs.   It’s on a scale from 1 to 5, 5 meaning that you should stop reading my review and download these songs immediately and 1 meaning that if you even think about downloading these songs your computer will be infected with a horrific bad music virus.   Enjoy.
Along Came December.  “Is It Art Yet?”
1)      “Is It Summer Yet?” [1:57] – A somewhat painful instrumental intro to try and make it through.  It sets the pace for an awful instrumental set of songs, which this is not.
2)      “Something You Can’t” [3:13] = An indie rock song with vocals that remind me of an early Neil Young.   Not bad, but it doesn’t reach out and grab me either.
3)      “Black and White” [3:14] – This song is like the prior one except a bit slower and thus it is a bit more boring.   Here is to hoping that things pick up within the next two songs, but I’m not betting on it.
4)      “Step and Stumble” [3:24] – I could barely hear this song.  It might be their ballad, which is crazy since they’re already pretty soft.
5)      “22nd Corner”  [4:34] – Yeah, I’ve pretty much given up on this band.
Recommended Downloading Level:  1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment