Friday, May 4, 2012

MP3 REVIEW: Square and Compass s/t EP

Square and Compass s/t EP
                These are kind of pop punk almost, but closer to a rock infused with punk quality.   It’s not quite along the same lines as Hot Water Music and that sort of band, but it’s something close.   It has a sound to me that really sounds like a number of local bands that either never get big enough and break up or change their sound when they get big.   It almost sounds like Whippersnapper in some ways, though I doubt that comparison matters to anyone other than me.
                I think if I had to pick a label that people in music reviews, this would be something along the lines of post rock.   But it is a lot of fun and probably one of the better pieces of music I’ve downloaded lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment