Friday, April 20, 2012

SBSR: Featherface “The EP”

Recently, I’ve been downloading and listening to music like crazy from Band Camp.   This is a review of a group of songs by the same band I got from Band Camp- usually it constitutes an EP.   This is a song-by-song review and it is never to exceed six songs.   At the end, I will tell you the “Recommended Downloading Level”, which means whether or not I think you should spend your time downloading these songs.   It’s on a scale from 1 to 5, 5 meaning that you should stop reading my review and download these songs immediately and 1 meaning that if you even think about downloading these songs your computer will be infected with a horrific bad music virus.   Enjoy.
Featherface “The EP”
01: “Realistic (A Little)” [3:19] -- We begin this EP- The EP- with some vocals and not a lot of heavy background music.   Then we kick in to something piano sounding.  This has a very mellow sound to it that would be somewhere between Ben Folds and Midtown.  I like this song because it’s not really catchy or pop, it’s just pleasant. 
02: “Keep It For Yourself” [5:34] -- This is a different tempo indie pop song that reminds me of Eleventeen.
03: “Scientific (Ordinary)” [4:57] -- This song doesn’t lose the overall Featherface feel, but I really do think that it could be performed in Vegas by Tom Jones or someone like that.   No joke, it has that vibe to it.
04: “Walking Talking” [6:10] -- This is a bit slower and longer (obviously) and for some reason reminds me of Counting Crows.  
                More songs by Featherface, which I actually am enjoying, so thus far I have heard nothing bad from this band and believe you will enjoy them as well.
Recommended Downloading Level:  3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment