Friday, April 20, 2012

SBSR: Crime Wave “Savage Reaction EP”

Recently, I’ve been downloading and listening to music like crazy from Band Camp.   This is a review of a group of songs by the same band I got from Band Camp- usually it constitutes an EP.   This is a song-by-song review and it is never to exceed six songs.   At the end, I will tell you the “Recommended Downloading Level”, which means whether or not I think you should spend your time downloading these songs.   It’s on a scale from 1 to 5, 5 meaning that you should stop reading my review and download these songs immediately and 1 meaning that if you even think about downloading these songs your computer will be infected with a horrific bad music virus.   Enjoy.
Crime Wave “Savage Reaction EP”
01: “Savage Reaction” [1:47] -- Fast paced, gritty guitars and spat out vocals.   This sounds like something that could be on Epitaph within the first four Punk-O-Rama compilation releases.
02: Denim Infidel” [1:40] -- Another song that reminds me of Dwarves but still has its own overall feel to it.   I like this gritty punk style for sure.
03: “Get With the Sickness” [1:08] -- The shortest of these three songs and no it is not a Disturbed cover.
                These three songs are short and sweet in a style of punk that I really do enjoy.   If you remember and miss Epitaph before it started signing all of these bands that are anything but punk, then this is for you.
Recommended Downloading Level:  2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment